Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Scriptures

I have only started to post the scriptures on the head door posts.  The only reason I am not done is just because there are so many places I cannot safely reach and in the case of the most important head post - over our front door... well that one is not yet in place!

Kaede - you hit the nail on the head with Joshua 24:15 - this scripture will be on the most important place - over our front door!

But if you are unwilling to obey the Lord, then decide today whom you will obey. Will it be the gods of your ancestors beyond the Euphrates or the gods of the Amorites here in this land? But as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

Psalms 51:6 is above the study:
Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

From 2Chron. 4:17.. on the left pillar write Boaz meaning stability...

...and on the right pillar write Jakin meaning security.
Over the Dining Room:
Psalms 103:5
Who satisfies your mouth with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
 
The beam that is first seen when you enter the front door:
Num. 6:25-26
The Lord make His face shine upon you, the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace.

Over the back door:
Deut. 28:8
The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and in all to which you set your hand and He will bless you in the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

Exercise Room:
3John 1:2
Beloved I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.

In the Kitchen:
Ex. 23:25-26
So you shall serve the Lord your God and He will bless your bread and your water and I will take sickness away from the midst of you.  No one shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in your land.  I will fulfill the number of your days. 
 
Our Bedroom:
Song of Solomon 7:10
I am my beloveds and his desire is towards me.
 

..and I put this over Don's closet - just because it is specially for him and this is his very own place....and because I just may never enter this room.. ha ha!
Psalms 91:16
With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation!

 
I still have a list of others that I want to use, but will have to wait a bit to get them up.

1 comment:

vivian said...

Proverbs 24: 3-4
This is the verse about building a house with wisdom and filling tbe rooms with pleasures.. you might want to look at several different versions to get the best wording. I lokve that you're going to put scripture throughout your new home. Beautiful idea.