Wednesday, May 28, 2014

As a Treat..

..to myself, I purchased one of my favorite movies.  It is an old black and white movie called "Mr. Blanding's Builds His Dream House".
 When I was a little girl and came home from school, one of the stations would run old movies in the afternoon.  My Mother had her favorites - mostly musicals, but unlike me, she could sing.  I liked romantic comedies and I loved Cary Grant! 

Well in the spirit of building our forever home, I thought this was the perfect movie to watch and own!  I suggest it to anyone who has built their own home or done an extensive remodel!

1 comment:

Caroline9L said...

My parents love this movie. I haven't seen it in its entirety, but i do remember that they were building near Danbury -- where I grew up -- and the remark about the hard water -- Very Very Valid! Hope your process goes more smoothly than theirs did!