Friday, July 30, 2010

8 More Days!!! ...and a Funny Story.

When I was about 11 or 12, my God Father asked me what my favorite color was... as most young girls - my answer was a quick,

"PURPLE"!

He scrunched up his face and said..

"Okay - what is your second favorite color?"

Perplexed as to why he was even asking me this I answered a bit more slowly...

"Bluuuue???"

Little did I know that he was asking me because he was going to buy me my first "nice" piece of luggage...
I knew instantly when I opened my birthday gift a few weeks later ... a real leather Hartmann suit case...in (you guessed it) BLUE...

I hated it... but never in a million years would I tell him that. Guess what? I still have 2 of the 3 pieces he bought for me those next few years!

1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

You might not have liked them then (or now, but what a sweet memory!

Hope Don is feeling much better.

Hugs,
Kat