Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What is on my Night Stand?


I do not get a lot of time to enjoy the luxury of reading...so when I commit to reading a book, I try my best to make sure it is a worth while read, and boy oh boy is this one worth it! I am currently reading Notes from my Travels by Angelina Jolie subtitled Visits with Refugees in Africa, Cambodia, Pakistan, and Ecuador.


It is written in true journal form and reveals her honest feelings from deep compassion to horror over what she sees first hand and learns about these wonderful people. She is currently the Goodwill Ambassador for the UN High Commissioner for Refugees. She obviously has such a heart for these displaced families, it is truly moving. Story after story pulls you into this foreign world that is unfamiliar to us and makes me want to know more.

Please consider this book for your next night stand read. It will truly touch your heart.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie. If you go back to my post (wed.) Go up my comments and you will find her there. It's Hooked On Houses. Just click on that comment and it should take you right to her. It was her post last Monday I think.... You can see all of those great homes... Good luck and I hope you find it. If not let me know... Are you thinking about painting your ceiling? If you do please let me take a peek. Thanks, Susie H~

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Looks like a great read!

oxox
Jennifer

Michele said...

Despite all of her "controversy", I really love Angelina Jolie! I had no clue she'd written a book, thank you for the heads up!

vivian said...

I am reading Memory Keepers right now.. just started it.. so far so good!