Okay - so we all know that the price of gas just keeps getting higher and higher, and with that, the price of everything else goes up as well..so what I want to know is what do you do to save money?
Share with me your simple ideas for cutting back. Have you changed the way you do things? Changed the things you buy? Taken on an additional income source?
Here are some of the things I have done and am looking into doing:
1. We took our bikes on vacation instead of our car. Cost $80.00 one way for gas for both bikes.
2. We keep the cover on our hot tub. This was a big enough savings to really see on our bill.
3. We turn our AC off during the day because when I get home - I am outside of no less than an hour doing chores before I come inside for good...and by that time it is almost dark.
4. Thinking about buying twice as much feed every other week instead of going every week since the feed store is close to 20 miles away.
5. We do not drive our farm truck to work since it gets the worst gas mileage of all of our vehicles.
6. Working harder in the veggie garden and have plans for a larger one next spring. Several times we have made stew using only store bought meat since all of the other veggies came out of this garden. That made me feel good!
7. Would love to get some chickens since I eat about 4 egg (whites) every day!...but this would require us building a hen house!
...so don't be shy, share what you have done!