Friday, August 3, 2007

Chrissy Says Boo!



We actually have 5 Pembroke Welsh Corgi dogs. There is Chrissy, who lives inside with us; Kacey, Chrissy’s “husband”; Annibelle and Bruiser, who are 2 of Chrissy’s pups; and Petey, who was adopted out of a shelter. Years ago Kacey used to also live inside. Nature’s call was too strong though and when Chrissy would go into heat, although they were separated, Kacey started to ‘mark’ things. The day marked my favorite pillow, he was banned from the house forever!

Chrissy is the easiest dog to teach. Her ‘vocabulary’ is huge and she enjoys playing games with us. One year, I thought it would be cute to teach her to carry a plastic pumpkin to the door to greet the Trick or Treater’s. To encourage her, every time I asked her to bring me the “Punkin”, she would be rewarded with a treat thrown into the candy bucket. She learned quickly not to stick her head into the bucket, but rather roll it until the treat would fall out. After a few times, I thought I noticed a slight attitude as I refused to give her the reward without the pumpkin! I knew my suspicion was correct the day that she walked half way to the treat jar and slung the pumpkin at my feet. Little did Chrissy know that the pumpkin was only half of her Halloween Costume!

7 comments:

melissa said...

Too Cute!! Smart little pup you have there :)

Melissa

http://mcc.typepad.com/mcc_my_guys/
username: mccaligiuri
password: lulubelle

Justabeachkat said...

Oh.My.Word! What a great photo! Very sweet.

Hugs!
Kat

The Weathered Pane said...

Too cute!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I am so showing Chrissy's Halloween pix to DH when he gets home...that is just hysterical...and I love Chrissy coppin' an attitude with the whole pumpkin' thing...

haha :)

Michele said...

Beren has/had corgis as well, they are now living with his ex-wife but I got to meet them a few times. Wonderful doggies!

zuzu said...

=^..^= ::Giggle::

Here I am on a Christmas party tour ... and lookie at what I find!!

. :: CORGI'S :: .

Okay ... you got me thinkin' about next year's Halloween. This is too cute.
Chrissy is adorable. Really!

Um five corgyn?
Lucky ducky you!
And such lucky puppers to have horses!

Adored reading the stories.
Thanks for sharing!

=^..^= love, zU
(who is head-over-heels for Pemmies)

allaboutourdogs said...

I wonder how fun it is to be in your home with 5 Welsh Corgis. It's a lot of fun playing with these very active dogs. But I'm sure it takes a lot of house cleaning too.