Friday, September 26, 2014

Sorry So Long...

.. but honestly there really has not been much to report.  Our house is being built slower than most because we are doing things a bit differently, we are going project by project... or maybe I should say contractor by contractor!  The AC guy had to finish his rough out and now my framer needs to finish his job so we can then look into hiring the electrician.  I just want to know where I am on costs before I get the electrician out here because that is a big expense!  Anyway - work resumed yesterday with the siding guys finishing up.  Here is what they did:

They finished trimming out the back porch...

...and around the newly installed front door


..as many of you know I have been putting verses all over the house thresholds and this is what is above our front door:
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."


All the scriptures will eventually be covered - most by dry wall - but they will still be there for the life of the house!!

1 comment:

vivian said...

But it is coming along. looks great! Great verse! I love the idea of the verses over each doorway.are you painting them right onto the frames? How are you going to do it?
happy Saturday!
xoxo
vivian