Thursday, February 7, 2013

A Difficult Week..

You know how they say that bad things happen in 3's.  I do not know where that came from and despite what I am about to share with you... I do not believe it.

Last week was quite difficult for us.  It started out with our 4 month post treatment appointment ... where we found out that Don has yet again, relapsed.  He is still positive for Hepatitis C.  Despite the news, Don went straight back to work after finding out..  I went to the park and walked around and prayed.  On my way to the doctors office that morning I told the Lord that no matter what, I trusted Him.  My life has been in His hands since my conception and nothing had changed.  As I walked through the park, I could feel Him with me.

A few days later we found out that our son-on-law Daren, is going to be deployed for a 6 month tour.  Our daughter Emily was understandable ... heartbroken...  but she is a strong woman and we will make the best of it,  She is going to bring the Grand children down here this summer and we will plan lots of fun things!

and a few days after that, Don called me and told me he was laid off of work... a job he had only had about 6 weeks...

With every incident I made a point to give it all to God.  I slept well.  I did not find myself in fits of worry or frowning... and after the initial shock - all was calm.  I have had this overwhelming feeling of comfort... of being really loved.

..and about losing his job.. well before the day was over, he had an interview with a new company and he starts his new job tomorrow!  

7 comments:

vivian said...

oh dear.. that sucks about the hep C.. but I totally admire your attitude and faith in God. and praise God for the new job so quickly. that is wonderful. as for your son in law.. wow.. I dont know how people do it.. but i am thankful to both of them.
big hugs to you Julie and tell Don I'll send up some prayers for him.
my goodness.. enough is enough now. right?
xoxo
vivian

Helen said...

I love the way you face adversity ... sending tons of positive energy your way, Don's way, your daughter and her precious family too.

Patrinas Pencil said...

Yes... a bad week.. thanks be to God for this good report in spite of it all. My bible verse memory card today was... "And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." Heb 11:6 I know you believe... and now you know...again... that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him. Great manifestation of God's favor on you guys...with the job turn around... I have to believe that he's got you all covered...in all things... God has a plan...

I just spoke a prayer for the entire family...special protection for the son-in-law..angels in front and behind...

thank you for sharing your faith walk... we all need to be encouraged in these times.

hugs

patrina <")>><

donna baker said...

Just remember Julie, to look for the silver linings as they are always there. I will pray for you and the family.

Ashley said...

It encourages my life to read about how strong you are. Thank you for that :)

RiderWriter said...

What Ashley said. I've had a very difficult week myself, but I know in my heart God has been watching out for me because it could have been MUCH MUCH worse. I am not as spiritual as you, but I'm working on it. Your sharing and your faith are shining examples and I know the Lord appreciates that, too!

Best wishes to Don with his NEW new job, and of course all of us join you in praying for Daren's safe return. Please tell him "thank you for your service" from some complete strangers who read his MIL's blog... :-)

phaedra96 said...

There is a blessing in everything. You might need to wait for it. I am so sad about the hepatitis. Hang in there, all of you. God has a plan.