Friday, September 9, 2011

Please Pray For Us!

This fire is located 6 miles South East of our farm .. but so much closer to some of our dear friends.

New numbers from fire burning in Montgomery, Waller, Grimes Counties in Texas: 21,619 acres burned, including 2,414 in Grimes County, 5,721 in Montgomery County, 13,484 acres in Waller County. 58 homes destroyed (not counting barns other structures), three of those homes burned last night.

I know personally of people who have had to let their livestock go just to have a chance to escape. It is heart wrenching.. The smoke is enough to choke a healthy person. My husband is fighting an illness and it is more dangerous for him.

Today is a bright sunny day with no clouds.. but this is what it looks like for us!


2 Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Sending lots & lots & lots of good thoughts your way! I hope those fires stay at bay and you get a good downpour of rain soon!

50+ Horses said...

Oh NO!!! I'm thinking of you and hoping you and yours will be safe. Please keep us posted.

Dianne said...

Wish I could send you some of our rain. People read that bible verse!!!!!!!!!!!