Monday, August 29, 2011

News - News - News

Lots of little stuff going on here this week. First of all, Don has an appointment with a surgeon tomorrow morning about his hernia and his gall stones. The difference between this surgeon and the surgeon we were going to use is that this one, Dr. Wood, is a part of the transplant team of surgeons and is very familiar with patients that have liver complications. I will let you know what we find out.

We had the electricity company come out to the farm to find out how much it will cost to have electricity run to the back of the property.


Are you ready??

Gulp.....

He said it will cost around $8,000.00 ... (swallowing hard!)

5 poles must be set and a transformer must be put in back there. Going underground was EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE! We are going to go ahead and do it, so we can put in a well and run more horse fencing down that way... but it was sad news for us because it takes away from our 'house fund'. Seems to me that spending that much money .. should be a LOT more fun!

I called my general practitioner and he is going to review my hormone test and work with another pharmacy to get me the bio-identical hormones to try. I hope it works and I hope I get them soon..otherwise I might go off on the electric guy!!

3 comments:

Helen said...

Just make certain you don't go 'off with' the electric guy! I continue to follow all of your ups and downs ... have a great week, both of you!

vivian said...

thats a pretty penny! I agree.. It seems you should be able to get something fun with that much money! well, maybe you can go out for a fancy dinner in honor of spending it! lol!
take care!!
vivian

Justabeachkat said...

Yikes! $8,000.00 to install and then you have to pay the electric bills afterwards! Somehow, that doesn't seem fair.

Hugs,
Kat