Monday, March 14, 2011

So Sad to Say..

Don's application for the test drug trial was denied.

I do not know if it is the FDA or the company that is doing the drug tests, but whomever makes the guidelines, decided that they did not want anyone involved in this study who has had grade 3 and higher varices.. which Don does.

I had to break the news to Don and I could tell he took it kind of hard. He was very quiet for about a day...but a new dawn gave birth to a new attitude and he decided that taking the chemo during the Summer would be extremely difficult on him since there is a lot more farm work in the Summer than there is in the Fall and Winter. Our doctor said that a new drug is slated to be approved in June/July. When that comes available, he will put Don on it.

Please keep him in your prayers.
I love you guys,
Julie

4 comments:

vivian said...

Both of you are in my prayers.. and I think I'll just keep you there for a while!
hugs!!
vivian

gowestferalwoman said...

Theres always a reason, but sometimes it takes time before we see the blessing of unanswered prayers - it still stinks though! But Don has got a good take on it so unto "Spring at Equus Villa!"

Dianne said...

Praying for you and Don and also your father. You have your hands full Julie. God bless you!

Helen said...

This is certainly the time for faith and for trust ... you both have plenty of it!