Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And Yet Another Project!

Just for the sake of not having enough to do in my life (HA!!) I thought I would try and hatch some chicken eggs! As you know I went to a poultry show last weekend hoping to buy some Columbian Rock chickens. There were none at the show. I did buy some birds that are colored like Columbian Rocks.. but I was still hoping to increase the flock to about 16 hens. I currently have 8.

I borrowed a friends egg incubator and have purchased eggs on line. The eggs will be shipped on Monday.. so next week, I will start a series of pictures and information about this. I hope it has a happy ending!

1 comment:

Janice Grinyer said...

lol no I do the same thing - "gee, this almost full plate still has room for more things to keep my mind occupied"...

Fingers crossed that they are all "good egg-s"!