Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Emergency Room Visit

Things went South yesterday afternoon. All of a sudden Don was shaking violently and freezing cold. His tempature spiked and he had stabbing abdominal pains. I loaded him up nand we went to the ER. Nothing showed up in the x-ray and not much more in the cat scan... His O2 level was really low... running 89-91. Normal is 98 or higher. They gave him morphene and delodid for the pain, put him on O2 and started an IV of fluids and antibotics. At 1:30am we were finally put into a room. I am back at the farm picking up some things to take back to him. Very tired... Not sure how long he will be in the hospital.

7 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Julie, I haven't been by in a few days so I had no idea. I am so sorry to learn of all that Don is experiencing. I just stopped and prayed and have added him...and you...to my prayer journal. Please keep us updated.

Hugs,
Kat

bj said...

Oh, bless the PINK SATURDAY HUNK...he has been thru so dang much. Bless his heart..
I pray he will be back feeling good soon...
Tell him hello and to hurry and get well..
xo bj

Dianne said...

Julie you are one strong woman. I am praying for both of you. Please keep us informed. I feel like I know Don and of course you. xoxo

vivian said...

so sorry to hear this Julie. I'll be praying for you all again tonight. Seems so unfair that you have to go through this. I'll be praying that the drs. figure out what is wrong and fix it quickly!!
hang in there girlfriend!
(((hugs)))
vivian

Kaede said...

I'm so sorry.

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh Julie, I am so sorry to hear of all you and your family are going through. Your poor, poor husband. I hope he finds relief soon.

Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers...

(((Hugs)))
Linda

Ginger said...

So sorry to hear this Julie. Nothing ever seems to go smooth, does it? I hope he will be out of the hospital and on the mend soon.