Friday, June 25, 2010

Peaches!!!

When we bought our farm and started to build and design the lay out of things, I had visions of a multitude of fruit trees. Every year I planted at least 2 fruit trees -and to date we now have 4 plum trees, 4 peach trees, 3 pear trees, 1 quince tree, 2 orange trees, 1 lemon tree, 2 apple trees, 1 mulberry tree and 2 blueberry bushes.

The oldest are the plum and peach trees. I was so discouraged last year, because after all the work..preparing the soil, planting, pruning, fertilizing etc. we were not getting any fruit... so I got serious! I waited until I had some time to myself(RARE!)..and I went outside and started to pray. I asked God to bless my work and well I actually quoted back to Him the promises He made to me about blessing the work of my hands. As I did this, I walked around and touched the trees...God honored His promise. This year, for the first time, our trees were not just 'fruitful'...but BENT DOWN TO THE GROUND because they were so full of fruit! I just love it that He cares for the little things in my life as well as the big!

5 comments:

Anna Larson said...

OH I just LOVE peaches. Unfortunately, my peach tree died this year and I had to replace it. My Mulberry Tree also died this winter. I'm really bummed about that one. I love mulberries also

Mz-Cellaneous said...

a HA! That's the secret.
I have 2 apple trees, but honestly, *blush* I didn't even realize it til this spring. They are on the "spare" acre and I never paid them much attention. I'm going to now!

Dear lord, bless my forgotten and neglected apple trees.

Nina Diane said...

that is so awesome Julie! I loved that you "quoted" back to God....

Justabeachkat said...

Love this post Julie.

In our bible study class (that just ended) we talked about doing just that. Praying for the things we wanted God to make happen in our lives. Each week people would talk about the miracles that had come about from their prayers. Our God is awesome!

Hugs,
Kat

Janice Grinyer said...

He does reward the faithful :)

Love you peaches shot - I am actually thinking that a few slices in a bowl of ice cream would be really good right now!