Monday, November 17, 2008

Opps!

I have been so busy getting ready for winter (outside) and Thanksgiving (inside) that I still have not taken any pictures of my treasures from the Nutcracker Market. I did want to stop though and write a small bit about the show.

My friend Vicki and I went on a Thursday for the first time, instead of waiting until the weekend. We were glad that we did because the crowds were not as big. I am hoping that that was a result of it being Thursday and not because of the economy. We did notice though that there were not as many vendors there - although it was still a huge show, and that some of the vendors that were there had smaller booths than they had in previous years.

One of my very favorite things about this show is the huge variety. I have always found many unique things that I have never seen before and always always always left wishing I could have bought way more than I did! This year - that was not really so. I did find a few nice unique things ...like the wreath with the reindeer woven right into the wreath itself!...but I was not overwhelmed as I have been in the past. I am thrilled with what I purchased and I was excited to see one of my favorite bloggers there running her very busy booth - Laurie Ann.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time, Julie. I'm looking forward to seeing what you purchased!

Robin said...

I just read about this on Cherry Hill Cottage! It looks fabulous!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

It's great to go to shows a couple of days earlier than the weekend. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. It's kind of a tease that you didn't post any pictures yet. I can't wait till you do. That wreath sounds beautiful!