Tuesday, September 4, 2007

GINGERBREAD HOUSES!

NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS ANYMORE!!!

When my girls were young, they wanted to make Gingerbread houses, but they did not have the patience to stay interested through the baking of the actual house; so I came up with a great idea. The night before, I constructed houses out of cardboard. The fun of it for them was to decorate the house and by doing this, that is exactly what they could spend all of their time and energy doing. One year we even had a party for other children - each having their own house!


3 comments:

Nunnie's Attic said...

Your houses are too cute. I have to admit I never thought about making them for anything but Christmas. To be honest, I never make them. But I love to look at them!
Julie

LivingTheLife said...

I've used graham crackers to cheat before...cos nobody likes to wait on the gingerbread...anyhoo...we made a couple of Christmas Condos out of the grahams...it was quite fun...I'll have to remember the cardboard when I finally get grandchildren...nobody really ever eats those things anyway...do they??? the just pick off all the goodies!!

Unknown said...

very cool!