Monday, June 5, 2017

It's Like Herding Cats....

...I am tellin ya...

I was so excited about today...but it kind of all started to fall apart last Friday..

Miscommunication with the insulation guy - so the garages did not get done... rescheduled for today..Got a call saying they will not be out until tomorrow...

Bad communication with the iron designer..extra wood needed to be added to a wall to anchor said railing...and no one has shown up to do that...and I cannot get a commitment for when they will be here..(longer story goes with this - but getting a bad taste in my mouth about this...and may go with a different vendor)

Dry wall was suppose to be installed today and that too is a no go.  Apparently most of the crew no showed this morning and this is such a large project, it is not worth it to come out with only 2 guys...so we will again try for tomorrow...SIGH....

So instead of brooding over what might have been for today - I will thank the Lord for handling it all and share some garden pics with you!

For the first time - I planted some sun flowers.  LOVE them!!  I think I will have to plant these every year from now on!


Zinnias are always a winner down here in hot Texas!

Here is my main veggie garden.  I had new soil brought in that turned out to be mostly sand and some of my normal veggies were none too happy about it.  Tomato plants are beautiful, but not producing much fruit.  Zucchini loves it, green beans, radishes, onions and carrots are producing well.  Yellow squash, spaghetti squash and bell peppers were complete no shows in this soil!  Sweet and regular potatoes look good from the top.  Cucumbers are doing okay.  I purchased some veggie food, but may have waited too late for it to do much good.

No comments: