Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Taste...

.. Ha ha - some may say that mine is all in my mouth, but one thing I know .. it is what I do and do NOT like.  I dislike bright white, slip covers, just about anything very modern and cold looking.  I love antiques, dark stained wood, very traditional style with a hint of equestrian flavor and solid heavy brass fixtures.

It is with that last preference that has caused me a lot of work. 
Solid brass fixtures are not "in style" right now, so I have really had to beat the pavement and the computer to locate what I need to create the home we want!  I have been purching light fixtures for close to a year and this is what I have so far and where they will be located:

3 of these will go up the curved staircase

This is one of my favorites!  It will hang in the library.

This is my most recent find and will be hung in the mud room entrance off of the portico.

This fixture is HUGE and will hang from the 2 story ceiling in the entry
 

This will hang in the entry hall into the formal half bathroom

and this is the dining room chandelier.  I saw one like this once in an antique store and could not take my eyes off of it.  What a blessing it was to find it again for our home via E-bay at 1/3 the cost!

2 of these for the formal half bath.  I like to use sconces alongside bathroom mirrors instead of using a light above the mirror.
 

I bought 2 of these to use in a secondary bathroom.  I still need to locate shades for them.
 
I am thinking about using oiled bronze fixtures in the kitchen.  Oiled bronze is not my favorite - but will mix with brass and is less formal looking.... but only time will tell!

No comments: