Thursday, April 10, 2014

OH HAPPY DAY!

I awoke this morning with my face burried in my pillow.  How was I breathing??? I thought. I rolled over and something was not quite right.  I jumped  up and went into the bathroom where the sight I beheld was frightful to say the least - my left eye was almost swollen shut.  I went back to the bedroom and woke Don up.

"Look at this!"  I exclaimed.

He raised his back from the bed trying to focus on me, when a huge smile crossed his face, followed by a smirk...

"I told you to do what I asked you the first time".. he said laughing out loud as he fell back into bed.

"That is NOT funny.." I said as I went running back to the bathroom, "Joy is bringing her (boy) friend over tonight and I do not want to look like a freak!

I have to admit that he had a point.  I looked like I  had been in a major fist fight.  I grabbed a wash cloth filled with ice and headed back to lay down.  Some of the swelling did go down, at least enough for me to see my computer screen.

3 hours later

I was working when all of a sudden, Joy's horse started to make a lot of noise, both in movement and verbally.  It continured on for several minutes.  I had to get up to look out the window to investivate - (remember - we currently live above our barn).  What I saw would make any horse persons heart speed up by a thousand... ALL of our back pasture horses were out and running around!

I signed out for a 'break" from work and went out to try and corral them back in.  One huge problem stood in my way - the grass outside of  the back pasture (not mowed) was more lush than  the grass inside - so the horses had NO intention of going back!  Also - they were  happy to visit with 2 horses that live in another paddock.

Long story short -
Good News - All horses were now contained
Bad News - None were in the back pasture
Good News - in the space of about 15 minutes - I had logged well over 2000 steps on my Pedometer!

All this before noon!  Life is never boring!!!

No comments: