Thursday, November 18, 2010

OK - I Have a Confession....

I think I am SERIOUSLY addicted to a local auction house! But - in my defence..I have been able to purchase things like this used child's Western Saddle (for my Grand Kids) for $20.00...


















..and this brand new Breyer horse in the box for $15.00..



















..and this lovely framed antique print for $60.00

















My daughter's have also benefited - Joy recently purchased a spotless beige colored sofa for $50.00 (was willing to bid up to $180.00) and a beautiful solid wood coffee table with cabinet doors for $70 (was willing to bid up to $200.00)

Emily and Daren just bought a huge house since they are transferring to Miss. (Daren is in the Air Force) They sold most of their furniture when they sold their last house and were in need of a large sofa.. They found a slightly used sectional. It has 7 or 8 pieces. One piece has a double fold out bed and 2 pieces are recliners. Are you ready for what they paid for it.... $20 bucks... TWENTY BUCKS...

I have also purchased many small silver items, Royal Copenhagen Soup/Pasta set $40.00, outdoor Iron table with glass top $20.00, set of 9 etched antique glasses $25.00..and the list just goes on and on..

Honestly.. I think I have been using this auction as my RETAIL THERAPY!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

After all that you have been going through with your dear husband's health, going to Auctions bight be your way of getting your mind off of it and relaxing. Retail therapy! It really is a wonderful thing. As you can tell, I have read down through a page of your blog. My heart goes out to you, my friend.
Thanks so much for coming by and leaving me a comment. Please be sure to come back and we will be friends. I love making new "bloggy" friends!
Love and prayers, Cindy

SmartAlex said...

I LOVE auctions! Especially the ones where I don't risk bringing home something that eats. Bid away!

Julie said...

Ha ha - yes - there is a huge reason why I have never been to Tattersalls Saddlebred auction!

phaedra96 said...

I agree. I avoid auctions cause I usually buy too much, therefore spending too much. I especially loved Amish auctions, picking up harness and quilt stuff and.....have spent the last year or so decluttering. No more auctions.

The Urban Chic said...

Wow Julie, what great bargains. I am looking for a bed right now and it has to be the perfect thing, so I may check out Overstock.com.
I love going to auctions, but I got outbid this passed weekend on something I wanted(new) for a Christmas gift to my granddaughter. Oh well, they still have them in the stores, so guess I'll just go and buy one. Glad Don is better. Hugs, Pat