Thank You Jesus!
We had our BIG appointment yesterday and found out that Don is CLEAR of Hepatitis!!! YEAH!!!!! We are so excited. What does this mean?
Here are the "specifics"
1. He only has a 10% chance of getting Hepatitis C again.
2. If he is showing clear again at his next appointment in 3 months, he only has a 1% chance of it reoccurring.
3. His liver function - as it is now is acceptable and if it does not get worse, he can live the rest of his life with it the way it is.
4. His red blood cell count is good. His white blood cell and his platelet counts are low, but will be low for the rest of his life.
5. There seems to be an equal chance that his liver function could either improve some, stay the same or deteriorate in the future.
We are just going to concentrate on it getting better!!!
..and the best part of all.. Don no longer views his (many) doctors as people to run from... but instead, he sees them now as his team mates - all of them working with him to keep him HEALTHY!