I thought I would share with you the pro's and con's of my hysterectomy..since it has been a bit over 3 months post-surgery.
1. The obvious...no period.
2. No cramps
3. No mood swings...at least once I went on the Estrogen patch!
4. No swelling days..that includes hands, feet and boobs!
5. No huge weight swings..if my weight goes up, it is because I am gaining and if it goes down..I am losing! End of story!!!
6. I know what the general belief is...that we get fat after such a surgery..but I swear I am eating more and NOT gaining weight!
7. No more pain during intercourse (from the tumors)
8. I no longer look pregnant!
I would like to say that there are none..but I want to be totally honest.
1. I have a new scar. Yes it is really low...but a scar is a scar...and I can't stand for it to be touched.
2. I am dependant on a hormone patch for ?? (length of time)
3. I do feel a pulling sensation when I am doing physically challenging thing..like lifting something heavy...ie 50# feed bags.
If anyone has any questions..I am more than happy to try and answer them. I know that I was quite nervous about it prior to my surgery.