Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Antidepressant's - Chapter 14

We were forced to wait until Don's doctor returned to get the antidepressants he so desperately needed. During this time I was able to consult with some of my friends who I knew had taken them and their answers to my questions were as varied as they were. Some found the drugs worked within hours, while others did not notice a difference for about 3 days. Either way, we knew help was coming and that alone was comforting. Don was now 3 weeks into his treatment.

The day prior to our appointment, he picked up the prescription called in by his doctor. I do not think he had left the pharmacy before he took the first dose and before the day was over he felt a general feeling of wellness and comfort. I was so thankful. He also had to get his blood drawn at the clinic that day.

The next day...Waiting in the waiting room was frustrating for me. I had an underlying anger and a need to tell the doctor what we had gone through in his absence. Between Don and I, there is no contest...I am the 'Louder One' and while I did not want to say anything that would embarrass him, but something needed to be said.

When we were called into the exam room, it was not me, but rather Don and his physician who carried out this conversation. I was just an observer. Thankfully, both men have kind and understanding demeanor's and all was settled and reconciled in minutes. That was a good thing too because we were about to learn of a new hurtle in our quest for a cure...

4 comments:

Helen said...

I am waiting patiently for the next chapter ..... glad to know Don is feeling more like himself.

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Some days I wish this was just a fictional novel I was reading and not a true story! I'll be axiously waiting the next chapter...

bj said...

Hi, Julie...just popping in to say I am hoping things are going well..
How are you kids doing thru all of this?

cotedetexas said...

oy. I would have been furious. I wish you lived in Houston - you could have taken my husband's. He needs them because of his chronic migraines. This really really makes me angry to read this. That dr. on call was an ass.