Friday, September 12, 2008

9 PM

The wind gusts have increased dramatically! - now over 40 MPH. The sky has an erie color to it.

Still no rain. These pictures look tranquil compared to the feel of it when we are outside.

As we switched horses around, bringing 3 into the barn from the outside and moving 1 from a front paddock and into the back pasture, the wind was whipping! It was difficult to see because sand was being blown everywhere. It felt as though my face was being sand blasted! The horses were better behaved than we expected, but nervous. Each of the horses in the barn are now bedded down in stalls feathered with clean shavings, fresh hay, water and feed. The 3 that are in the back pasture headed down to the bottom - instinctively I am sure, because the wind is not nearly as bad down there. I tried to get a picture of Blondie's mane blowing in the wind.


This is our wash stall. It now holds our motorcycles and crates where 3 of our dogs will stay until the storm has passed.

All 3 vehicles are safely in the barn too. Interesting timing though - Don's car battery died today!

These are the huge double doors on both sides of the barn.

The doors latch at the top and lock into the concrete as well.

The exterior stall doors and windows have been closed and locked.

We can now hear the wind when we are inside. The electricity has flickered, but it is still on. Many to the South of us are not so lucky though....so far so good.

Thank you so much for your prayers and good thoughts!

4 comments:

pedalpower said...

Julie, I'm keeping you in my prayers. I've been watching the news and wondering how you were doing. Thank goodness you decided to stay home! It sounds like you are well prepared.

Justabeachkat said...

Julie

I've been thinking about you all day. Please stay safe. I hope you can keep power. Keep us posted if you can.

Hugs!
Kat

LivingTheLife said...

Stay safe...and I will continue to keep you and your entire family (animals included) in my prayers...I pray you are out of immediate harm and that your power stays on...that will at least alleviate some stress!

Blessings and prayers...
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I'm up early, this morning and wanted to come by and let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers.