Monday, August 11, 2008

Reconnection...

This is the horse I was so excited about bringing home. His name is Dominus Villa. If I did not think he was special before...I surely do now and this is why...

When my Mother was ill, I pulled all of my horses shoes off and turned them out into the back pasture knowing that I would not be riding for a while. As you know, things took a terrible turn for the worst and I lost my Mother only 5 days before Christmas. I had only begun to morn. My grief manifested itself in unexpected ways, one being the total loss of a passion I have had my whole life - riding.

Many of the blog readers have requested more pictures of the horses and me riding them, but due to this circumstance, I did not have any.

This mighty one has changed all of that for me though! Dominus is my new show horse and I am more excited than words can express!

When we returned from our trip to get him, we were faced with the possibility of a hurricane. Poor Dominus had to stay in his stall for 2 long rainy days and the first time I could long line him, he threw a shoe. My wonderful farrier made a special trip out to the farm for me though on Sunday morning and right after he left, I was able to ride my boy at home for the first time. These pictures were taken as I was about to dismount. I am sure that by next week I will have some action shots to show you. Can you see the smile on my face? I think my passion has returned!!!

6 comments:

Sometimes It's Good said...

I'm so sorry about your mother. I lost my mom in 1985 and I still miss her. Right after was very hard for me, too.

I'm glad you're getting your passion back. Your beautiful horse would make anyone fall in love. Have a wonderful time with him!

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear your passion is returning Julie. Dominus is an amazingly beautiful animal!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Some angels have wings, some have hooves. I'm so glad this big angel was able to bring some joy back into your life.
Patricia :o)

Unknown said...

Oh Julie, I am so sorry. This was such a touching post. It is wonderful to see you on a horse, where you belong! I am sure your mother is very happy you are riding again and smiling down on you as she watches! What a beautiful horse!!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

OMG! I am in tears friend! What a beautiful passion to have return! HE IS A BEAUTY! Thanks for sharing I am so blessed to see those photos! I have always had a passion for horses...to me they are such old souls! I just love him!
Hugs,
Robyn

Naturegirl said...

It's wonderful that you got back your smile and passion to ride again!
Gorgeous horse!sigh
P.S. I've missed my visits here and I'm glad that I found you again!