Friday, April 4, 2008

I am Just Heart Broken....

I just found out today that our farm in in direct line with the TX dot superhighway..the one that is slated to go from Mexico to Canada. Some people call it the United States By-Pass ...so that Mexico can get products directly to Canada...by passing the U.S. Mexico will build this highway (toll road) - so the jobs will be essentially theirs. From what I have heard, they will also be collecting the tolls. This is a project that has already been started. The government will take our land and give us "market value" for it. My first thought was - what kind of market value will my farm have when everyone knows the Government is going to take it away from me?...pennies on the dollar.

If you would like to read more about it go to:
www.kepptexasmoving.com

Here is the sight map that shows the highway going over our farm:
http://ttc.keeptexasmoving.com/pdfs/projects/i69/deis/preferred_and_reasonablecorridors_sectionsdn_11x17_orange_lr.pdf

If you would like to post a comment
http://ttc.keeptexasmoving.com/comments_questions/comments_i69.aspx

I am so upset about this, I feel like I want to be sick.

5 comments:

Chris Kauffman said...

Oh my gosh I am so sorry , that is tragic, really.

Ashika said...

I am so sorry. May God give you the grace to heal. And may it all work out for the best.

Robin said...

Oh NO! This can't be happening! How awful....I'm so sorry :(

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Oh my gosh! Just reading about this got my blood preasures up. Am I missing something? Another country is going to cut a line through OURS and then THEY get the benifit? I'm so sorry to hear that your farm is in the way. This is just terrible! I'm very sorry...
Patricia

LaurieAnna's Vintage Home said...

Gosh, I just found your blog searching posts about the Nutcracker. We have an 18 acre farm that sits on a state highway and I would be heartbroken if this happened to me. So sorry that you are dealing with this....truly sorry. My prayer for you is that something wonderful is hidden underneath this disheartening news. Many times in my own life, blessings have been hidden in the oddest places.

Hugs,

LaurieAnna