Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Bikers Paradise...

There once was a long winding road...

..that stretched from Fredericksburg to Boerne(FM 1376).

Along the way, we saw some interesting sights...is that some of Santa's Reindeer??

..an Easter Bunny pulling a covered wagon here..

...and a herd of zebra there..??

What makes a great road to go biking on? Good road surfaces, not much traffic, great views..

..sweeping curves and good shoulders are nice - but hey, you can't have everything!

It is GREAT when there is a winery along the route!

This is Sister Creek Winery, located half way between Frederickburg and Boerne in a tiny town called Sisterdale.

Yep - we bought a souvenir here!

..and back out on the road we go..

..on our way to the bikers Paradise!

9 comments:

PAT said...

Oh Julie....I am so enjoying this trip!!

Pat

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. I loved the ride.

CIELO said...

A paradise indeed! Wow... what lovely views... I could almost feel the breze on my face... the excitement... the rush! that photo of the reindeers is amazing! What part of the country is that? So lovely lomesome roads...

Happy Easter!

Cielo

Elle Jay Bee said...

Sounds like the perfect day!! Thanks for taking us along.

Happy Easter, Julie!!
Linda

Michele said...

Lovely, Julie! I feel as if I'm right there with you, wind blowing through my tresses. :-)

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Fabulous photos of what looks like a fabulous trip!
Hope you and your family have a wonderfully blessed Easter!
Sandy ;)

vivian said...

YOur a biker!? yeehaw! my husband is a biker. I used to ride with him but havent in years.. Hes into antique harleys. Hes building a 1940 flathead harley right now.
great trip!!
hugs
vivian

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Julie, looking good! Hope you have fun on your trip.

Rhoda

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Hi!
I just found your blog and so enjoyed reading (and looking at the pictures) of your ride to Fredricksburg. We just moved to San Antonio and just this weekend visited Bourne. Loved it! You have a GREAT blog, I hope you don't mind if I add it to mine. I'd like to visit you again and again.
Patricia :o)