Wednesday, July 25, 2007
What do you love to see in other Blogs?
I love to look at new blogs and some draw me in and make me want to read every word and page through every entry...and yet others leave me cold. I can tell in a few moments that I am not interested in going any further.
This is what I love about a blog:
1. Tell me about yourself...and not just the good stuff. No ones life is all roses.
2. I think it is strange not to post a photo of yourself. It makes me think that you do not like yourself.
3. Use your own photos...or at least most of them. Although I am inspired by magazine, catalog and even other peoples photos, I love to use and see other peoples REAL projects, before and after photos, their real homes and pets.
4. Share all of your passions. I like a blog that is diverse..not just one that is only about cooking or decorating etc.
5. Share stories with me. If something funny happened to you or a family member, share it. I especially love a good laugh!
6. Share a dream or fantasy. A travel dream, a dream car or a dream house... it is not materialistic to have a desire.
7. Share a failed project - not just the perfect ones.
Who am I?
I am a woman who had to leave her marriage after 16+ years because things just had to change. I live with my Father and am spending more and more time with my husband and going to counceling. We have a long road ahead of us. I pray that I will be living full time back at the farm by Thanksgiving, but I refuse to put a time limit on anything.
I believe with all my heart that Jesus is the Son of God and came to earth to pay the redemption price for my soul, but sadly I am not a consistent church goer and I have a lot of guilt over that. God did not shun me, some people did and I stopped going. I feel almost scared to get involved with a church again.
I adore animals, but am alergic to cats. We have them but I cannot cuddle them to my face or I break out in hives. We currently have 7 horses, 5 dogs, 5 cats, 4 lambs and a fish. I spend too much money on clothes, but may have solved that problem with my new favorite resale store!
I work for an airline and do Military and Government contracts between the two. It is a boring computer job, but I love the ladies I work with and in 4 years I will have the option to retire.
So in here lies a challenge ...
1. What do you love about other Blogs?
2. Post on your Blog more about who you are.